If you’re looking to share your Apple ID or Google Play email address as part of an app testing exercise it can be difficult to find the correct details need to gain access. Here’s an easy way to find those details.
In order to be part of your teams TestFlight programme you will need to supply your Apple ID email address, to find this follow the steps here
- From your Home screen launch the “Settings” app.
- At the top of the Settings page, click your name (it should also display your profile photo next to it).
- You should now see a new screen titled “Apple ID” with your profile photo in the middle and your name centred below. Under your name you should find an email address, this is your Apple ID email address.
- Send this email address to your development team who will add you to your apps TestFlight programme. You will receive an email invite once it has completed.
If you’re looking to install your teams upcoming app onto your Android device you first need to send them your Google Play email address so that they can add you to the test track which is Google’s version of TestFlight and enables you to install and view an app before it’s publicly available on the Play Store.
In order to get your Play Store email address you need to follow the steps below:
- From your Home screen launch the “Google Play Store” app.
- At the very top of the screen to the right of the search bar should display your profile icon, click this image.
- A popup should now appear with the word “Google” at the top. Under this you should see your profile icon aligned to the left with your name next to it and an email address under the name. This is your Google Play email address.
- Send this email address to your development team who will add you to your apps Test track programme. You should then be supplied a link by your team which you need to open from your Android device and will open the Play Store to then allow you to download the app.